Friday, March 28, 2008

Going Live

We hear a lot these days about online "community" and how it's great for people to discuss issues online. You would think as a blogger that I would be right on board, but I have found that online forums have strong limitations. Perhaps this is because our blog only has approximately 10 readers and we're related to half of them, but I have found our blog to merely be a supplement to our real community. My in-laws check regularly to see pics of the boys, but also visit whenever they can. My friends bring up posts when we bump into each other and tell me how we were right on or way off base, but it's the face-to-face conversation we really treasure. When I'm thrown a curve-ball I might blog about it, but first I go to our live community. I guess I just want people to treasure those live communities. Say hello to your neighbors, invite friends for dinner, take some cookies to someone having a rough time. Those are the connections that will keep us going.

No comments: