Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yet Another Storm

Third severe storm in a week so I just wanted to let everyone know that we're fine. A tornado did go through Manhattan last night and it was quite terrifying. Our house & neighborhood just had a lot of heavy rain. Around town there are about 30 houses and some businesses destroyed and KSU has a lot of damage. The best source for news is KMAN. We've been staying at my parents' house because of the work being done on ours and they don't have a basement. We spent about an hour with the boys asleep in the bathtub and us hovering over them, all of us under a crib mattress. I think I can safely say that it was the most terrifying hour I've ever experienced and I will never live in a house without a basement!

After the storm passed we got a pic of the boys sleeping in the tub, but we don't have the equipment to put it online so we'll post it later along with links to news pics. Apparently some people were more desperate than us to see the action. In the follow up news on KMAN after the storm, the repeated theme was "GO HOME!!!!". The emergency vehicles were having a hard time getting through because of everybody who came out to look at the damage. And there was some looting. I'm so proud of my fellow citizens.

No comments: