Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Garden Begins

Started seeds last night - Packman Broccoli, Early Jersey Wakefield Cabbage, California Wonder Sweet Pepper, and Early Jalepeno. Using my handy garden planner (bottom center, in white) I can keep track of what I'm doing instead of trying to remember it all.





Pulled out my seedling trays that haven't seen any action in several years. The pots will be for some flowers and herbs.





Ready for sprouting. Once I locate the timer for the lights the seeds will have a regular day and night. I won't have room for all the plants, but I can always give some away.
Next in line - tomatoes, flowers, herbs, lettuce, and the mystery plant: strawberry spinach.

Now to begin working on expanding the garden, renovating the compost bins, cleaning up last year's plants, etc...

No comments: