Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bike Train















I'd been considering it for a while and today I hooked everything together for the first time. I'd been hesitant to try it, but then saw the same setup used quite successfully by a Roosevelt parent. So this afternoon we set out for the first bike ride in a long while. An hour and a half later we arrived home - about 4 miles in all. Not very far, but a good trial run for the train. Looks like we'll need to get a least one new tire and a possibly a few tubes. That, or bring the pump along. Joe was a champion pedaler which made my job a little easier. My tire has a slow leak, but when I'm pulling an extra hundred pounds (and that's just the boys) it makes a difference to have fully inflated tires!

1 comment:

Dean Hargett said...

Our old Neighbor Chris does this frequently but goes one better (and crazier)... he hooks the dog to his bike.