Friday, May 25, 2007

Kirk escapes the house

Kirk has a job! Through very meandering channels we found out about a job helping at an organic orchard/garden east of Manhattan just a few hours a week. Coincidentally, the owner is the wife of my former boss. I don't know her well, but my impressions of her have been entirely positive. This is the perfect fit for Kirk, a chance to get out of the house a little, doing something he loves, and make a little money at the same time.
The strange thing is, it all goes back to Deep Economy and Bill McKibben. I went on his website and found a link for Local Harvest which led me to Lala's which, at closer examination was owned by someone I know. So I signed up for their e-mailing list and 2 e-mails later, my husband has a new job. Destiny takes a hand. I'll try to get some pics to post.

No comments: