Monday, June 25, 2007

A trip to Eureka Springs



We just returned from a trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas with my family. I would rate it as neutral. Nothing bad happened and it was nice spending time with the family, but ES is not ideal for small children. We did find some neat things to do. We saw Onyx cave, went on a ride on an old fashioned train, saw lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) at a wild animal refuge and did a lot of swimming. It was just tiring keeping Isaac entertained while keeping him from choking on the billions of rocks filling our campsite. We were also interested to discover that Eureka Springs is like a Mecca for bikers. The KOA was filled with Harley's. I must say they were nice people, they just stayed up a bit later than I would have liked. My favorite moment was Joe explaining everything to us about the railroad. I don't think I've ever seen him that happy.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Ask my mom, but I believe I'm living proof that eating rocks will not kill you. Apparently I thought the rocks on the shore of whatever river my dad was fishing were delish.

Royce said...

That old caboose looks cool. My sister was married in ES. Miriam's blog is juneblue.blogspot.com