Sunday, June 10, 2007

Vacation





We just got back from a family gathering in Columbia, MO. We all got together at a farm outside of town. It was a great place. They have a passive solar house, pond, garden, 2 steers, chickens, ducks, and sheep. There were even 2 lambs born while we were there.
It was, as always, good to spend time with Kirk's side of the family. It has been made clear that I am the bossy one of the group. I had always thought that this was seen as a negative. I was told this weekend, though, that this is appreciated. I'm not sure I believe this yet, so I'll try to keep the power from going to my head.
Unfortunately I had a cold the entire weekend, so I was not able to participate in all activities. I got a spin around the pond in the canoe, a s'more, and lots of chats with the family, so it was good overall.

No comments: