Saturday, November 17, 2007

Flick Picks

I've been loving Net Flix! I have been eating up movies like crazy. It's even inspired me to take another look at what we have at the library. Here's a list of my recent favorites:
Mostly Martha - A German film about an uptight chef who ends up taking on a niece when her sister dies. There's also a guy, of course. Best screen kiss I have ever seen in my life.
Murderball - A documentary about quadriplegic rugby. This movie completely changed the way I look at disabled people. It's amazing.
Stranger than Fiction - Friends gave this mixed reviews but I loved it. Will Farrell plays a boring IRS worker who realizes one day that he is actually a character in a book. This sounds ridiculous, but with a stellar cast it turns out to be rather intense.
Sweet Land - This is an independent American film. Olaf is a Norwegian farmer in the upper Midwest in 1920. His parents tell him they have found him a bride in the old country and if he wants they will send her. They neglect to tell him that she's German, which doesn't go over too well in post-war America. This is a beautiful movie about love and acceptance.
Please let me know about others I must see!

No comments: